To perform this maintenance on any PSP model, different factors must be taken into account. First of all, it is necessary to have the exact tools to uncover the PSP, since we can cause some damage to the hardware.
- Phillips screwdriver.
- Small clamp
- Isopropyl alcohol (excellent dust remover).
- Container to place screws and parts.
Steps to perform maintenance
Step 1 Housing Separation
Turn off and remove the memory card.
- Using a # 00 screwdriver, remove the four 6.4mm screws on the back cover.
- Using the nail or a spudger, open the accessory port cover on the top of the device.
- Using a # 00 screwdriver, remove the two 5.4mm screws hidden under the accessory port cover.
- Remove the two # 00 5.4mm screws on the bottom of the device near the charging port.
- Starting at the sides of the device, use a plastic opening tool to separate the front and rear case.
- Continue sliding the opening tool around the edge.
There are still wires that hold the front and rear housings together. You can damage the connections if you separate the housings abruptly.
- Gently separate the two housings, taking into account the battery and the touch screen controller connectors that hold the housings together.
- Using a spudger, release the flexible cable from the touch screen controller by gently lifting the connection.
- Release the battery cable by gently lifting the connection with a spudger.
- Separate the front and rear housings.
Step 9 left shoulder button
- Lift the left shoulder button cover with a spudger.
- Remove the left shoulder button housing.
- Remove the translucent plastic cap from the shoulder.
- Release the flexible cable socket on the left shoulder button using a spudger to open the tab.
Be careful not to break this little black tab!
- With the tweezers, slide the flexible cable from the socket. Do not pull the black tongue! Instead, pull the thin flex cable away from the connector (on the left in this image).
- Using a spudger, gently lift the left shoulder button of the light adhesive that connects it to the housing.
Step 13 Left button board
- Using a spudger, lift and release the tab on the ZIF socket sitting on the SIM card reader.
- Carefully remove the flexible cable from the ZIF socket and leave it out of the way.
- Use a spudger to release the tab between the SIM card reader and the back-cover assembly.
- Lift the SIM card reader from the back-cover assembly.
- Release the plastic tab on the small socket of the flexible cable by lifting it with a spudger.
- Using tweezers, gently remove the small flexible cable from the socket and leave it out of the way.
- Use a spudger to lift the tab on the large ZIF socket.
- Gently pull the flexible cable from the ZIF socket and leave it out of the way.
- Disconnect the white Wi-Fi antenna cable with a spudger
- Remove the cable from the Wi-Fi antenna.
- Using a # 00 screwdriver, remove the six screws from the two metal brackets:
- Two 5.0 mm screws, blue in the L-bracket that secure the upper left plate of the button to the base plate.
- Four 5.0 mm, blue screws on the square fixing bracket of the lower left button plate to the base plate.
- Starting in the upper left corner, use a spudger to lift and remove the left button board.
Step 20 left stick
- Using a # 00 screwdriver, remove the two 5.0 mm blue screws that attach the left stick to the back cover.
- Using a spudger, lift and remove the left joystick.
In this way the left module is cleaned with isopropyl alcohol to remove dust, we perform the same procedure in the right module. When disassembling the screen module, you must be very careful not to cause any damage by accident. The plate where the connections are located with the alcohol-soaked brush is cleaned.